Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweet & Spicy Meatballs & Rice

This is something that I make when I go to parties (minus the rice) or just when I want something quick and simple to make for dinner.

These Sweet and Spicy Meatballs are always a hit...

Ingredients:

Jar of Grape Jelly (18 oz)
Jar of Chili Sauce (12 oz)
Frozen Meatballs (about 50-60)...


If you are going to a party, these are the only ingredients you need...but if you are eating this at home, you will need to put something with them...we like to eat rice with our meatballs, but we've also put the meatballs over baked potatoes, french fries, pasta or you can turn them into a meatball sub...There are lots of things you can eat meatballs with...

Tonight, we are eating them with rice...now being someone who likes to keep it simple, I like to use the Steamfresh Whole Grain Brown Rice...Pop this in the microwave per bag instructions and you have ready-to-eat rice in 4 - 4 1/2 minutes. Put on your plate and spoon meatballs on top.


Instructions:







Pour frozen meatballs into the crock pot...











Mix Jelly & Chili Sauce together...










Pour over meatballs...











Mix well...

Put lid on and Cook on LOW for 3 hours...

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought of combining grape jelly and chili sauce...

Don't see you around much any more. Hope all is well with you.

Brenda said...

Hi Bish...this really is a sweet and spicy kinda dish...the jelly balances out the chili sauce for a nice flavor...

I've been busy changing my life around...I quit my job of 15 1/2 years to try to figure out what I want to be when I grow up...grin...going back to college, doing more writing and more crock potting...grin...

Adrienne said...

I wouldn't have thought of combining those ingredients, either - but it looks delicious!

I enjoyed your comment above - I too am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up...

Rena Jones said...

These sound good. My husband makes some sort of the same way.