Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Are Ya Ready for Some Football?

No, I haven't forgot about Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen, I have just really been concentrating on my MS and have gotten lost in my MC's world...but she must be tired of me, cuz' she's off doing her own thing tonight and not talking to me, so that gives me a little time to work on some crock pot recipes...

The Pro-bowl and the Super Bowl are just around the corner, so I thought I would post some simple crockpot recipes for these great games!

Doggy Wraps

1 lb hot dogs
1 lb bacon (I use maple flavored for added taste)
2 cups brown sugar

You can do this one of two ways:

1. Cut the hot dogs into 4 equal pieces and the bacon in half. Wrap the hot dogs 'chunks' with a piece of the half bacon and stick with a toothpick to keep the bacon around the hot dog. Place your hot dog 'chunks' in the crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Make sure bacon is cooked through - it should be brown in color.

or

2. Cut the hot dogs in half and wrap one piece of bacon around each half. Secure with toothpicks, place in crock pot sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle brown sugar over them and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

Either way works, it just depends on how you want to serve them. I usually have big eaters, so those little 'chunks' won't work...grin...

Happy Slow Cooking! Enjoy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Bish Denham said...

Sounds SOOOO good. I love hotdogs and bacon, but unfortunately I can no longer eat either of them...sigh....