Friday, November 27, 2009

My Crock Pot Thanksgiving Dinner

To prove that I practice what I preach, I thought I would share a couple pictures of my crock pot Thanksgiving...

It turned out that it was only going to be Hubs and I, so I only had to use 4 of my crock pots...we had gone to my MIL's for dinner on Wednesday and because of my work schedule, I picked up a cheesecake for that dinner, and we had some left over, so I didn't have to use a 5th crock pot to make any dessert...

Green beans, potatoes, roast and a chicken for Koda (We don't buy dog food, we cook for Koda - yes I know he's spoiled- and have found that cooking a whole chicken in the crock pot is the easiest way to make his dinner...grin)...Hubs doesn't care for white meat, so it was no use getting a turkey breast, so we had a roast...it isn't really what you eat, but who you eat it with...grin...



To prove they aren't empty:

Potatoes and Green Beans

Whole Chicken and Roast


And I can't forget the hot rolls....



I love small kitchen appliances...I think the most time consuming thing was peeling the potatoes...and plugging the appliances in...grin...

Happy Black Friday to everyone!

Starting December 1, 2009 I will be posting Party Recipes...dips, spreads, beverages, etc. for all those holiday parties this time of the year brings...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Good for you!!! That is something having all your dinner in the crockpot!!!

As For Koda,lucky duck Our bunny gets a ton of fruits and vegetables ,it's worth feeding them healthy food.

Kelly Polark said...

Lucky Koda!
Looks delish, Brenda!!

Adrienne said...

You've really got it figured out - I love the simplicity! And those rolls are beautiful...