Saturday, September 12, 2009

Scalloped Pineapples

Let me begin by saying, I tried this recipe because of the name...I was curious enough to say, I wanted to know what that tasted like. And I'm glad I did...This is a nice complimentary side dish to ham or you can serve it as a dessert with vanilla ice cream.

Scalloped Pineapples

2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cups butter, softened
3/4 cup milk
1 large can crush pineapple, drained
8 slices of bread, cubed (make sure the crust has been removed)

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, then reduce heat to LOW for 1 more hour. (I have cooked this on LOW for 4 hours and skipped the HIGH to LOW part)...

If eaten as a side dish - spoon some on plate and serve with Ham slices

If eaten as a dessert - Spoon into a bowl and serve with vanilla ice cream over it...

Enjoy, Hugs and Happy Slow Cooking!


Here are more Crockpot Dessert Recipes from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen...

2 comments:

Nora MacFarlane said...

oooooh! This sounds good! Schools back in session, which means my crock pot is working hard again, which means I'll be visiting you lots!

Linda D. (sbk) said...

OMG, this sounds good! We've got Thanksgiving coming up in less than a month ... I might just have to give this one a try.