Sauerkraut and Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut, (If you want to cut down on the salt, you can drain and rinse this)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork sausage (you can use kielbasa sausage, beer brats or whatever type of sausage you like)
- 1 onion, sliced (or chopped if you like) (can replace onion with thinly sliced/chopped apples)
- Mix sauerkraut and brown sugar to crockpot in bowl.
- Place sausage half the sausage in crock pot.
- Pour half the sauerkraut mixture over sausage
- Place half the onion (apple) over sauerkraut
- Cover and Cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Then reduce heat to LOW and cook for another 2 hours.
**This recipe can be doubled
Happy Slow Cooking! Enjoy and Hugs...
Here are more Crockpot Pork Recipes from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen