Thursday, August 27, 2009

Orange Honey Chicken

Are you tired of the same old, same old when it comes to making chicken? Well, let me tell you about a recipe that will give that tired old chicken some new life.

Orange Honey Chicken

1 whole roasting chicken, rinsed and cleaned out
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup honey

1 lemon

Make sure you remove the liver, neck, etc. from the inside of the chicken and rinsed the inside and the outside. Sit your chicken in your upright crock pot bum end down. Take a fork and pierce the lemon a couple of times on each end. Place the lemon in the neck hole of the chicken. Mix the orange juice and honey and pour it over the chicken. Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours. Before serving, remove the lemon from the chicken. Slice and squeeze all over the chicken. Be careful, it will be hot. I use two forks and poke them in each side that is sticking out and then to squeeze, I use a couple of paper towels to hold the lemon.

Option: I like these flavors, so I will mix 3/4 cups of honey and 3/4 cups of orange juice and pour a little inside my chicken before putting it in the crockpot. Turning my chicken over so as to coat the inside. I will also squeeze a little honey between the skin. Then stick the chicken in crockpot and follow the above instructions.

This has always been a family favorite. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as we do...

Happy Slow Cooking! Hugs and Enjoy!


Here are more Crockpot Chicken Recipes from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen

1 comment:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I'm trying this one right now! Smells sooo good! Can't wait to taste it!