Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beef and Mushroom Delight

Thank goodness! Budgets are finally over...So I can get back to the things I enjoy...crockpotting! grin...

Today's recipe should actually be yesterdays recipe (since Tuesdays are Beef recipe days), so I'm posting this one and I'm posting a pork recipe today also...so I'm caught up and can get back on track...

This is a simple 5 ingredient recipe...hardly no ingredients and fixed in the crock pot...what more can you ask for! ;)

So today's yesterday recipe is:

Beef and Mushroom Delight

2 pounds stew meat (make sure to cut down any big pieces to nice bite sizes)
2 packages (8 ounces each) fresh mushrooms (sliced)
2 cups frozen carrots (sliced or little baby carrots work great)
2 cans (14 ounces each) beef broth (low-sodium will work great)

* optional: 1 box (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice blend OR 1 bag of steam n' fresh white rice

Place all ingredients in crock pot, salt and pepper to taste. Stir ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 t 8 hours...Enjoy!

*this recipe called for the box of long grain rice, but I'm not a big fan of cooking my rice all day in the crock pot...for me it gets a little mushy(my mushy might not be your mushy)...if you like a softer rice, then you might like cooking your rice in the crockpot...if that is the case, add the wild rice blend (seasonings and all) to the crock and stir and cook all day. If you do NOT like mushy rice, then I like using the steam n' fresh white rice. I make it in the microwave per the directions and when I open the bag, I pour it into my slow cooker and stir just before serving....The steam n' fresh rice takes like 4 minutes to make in the microwave, so I still have a very easy meal.

Option: You can add a bag of frozen peas (or a can of peas) to this recipe. Put them in at the start and let them cook all day with your meat.

Happy Slow Cooking! Hugs and Enjoy!

Here are more Crockpot Beef Recipes from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen

1 comment:

Kelly Polark said...

Yum! Great recipe for a rainy day like today!