A Cobbler for Your Crock Pot
Serves 8 - 10 people
- 2 Cans of Pop Biscuits (these are the biscuits you buy in a tube and you 'pop' the tube open to get your biscuits...the store brand does best in this recipe)
- 2 Cans Pie Filling (apple or peach work best)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like)
- 1 cup butter
When you are ready to make your Cobbler:
- Mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter together. I like to use to knives and cut the butter into the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Next, you will want to put half of the biscuits in the crock pot. Making sure to cover the entire bottom of the crock pot, if using an oblong. I like to use a 5 quart upright crockpot for this recipe.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mix over the biscuits.
- Spread /Pour one can of pie filling over the biscuits and brown sugar mix.
- Repeat the layers (I like cinnamon, so I do sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top of everything).
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Serve warm.
**If served as a dessert you can put cobbler in a bowl with a couple scoops of ice cream
Enjoy and Happy Slow Cooking! Hugs...