Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Soup in the Crock Pot

Starting this week, I am going to be posting Holiday Recipes for your crockpot. I thought I would post them a little early, so if you think they sound good, you can try them before the holidays to make sure they are to your liking. This week, I am planning on concentrating on the Pumpkin. Per Rena's request, I did some searching and found some pumpkin soup/bisque recipes and that is what I will start with today...Hope they are to your liking...Now just as a reminder, I do NOT care for pumpkin anything, so I have not tested these recipes for flavor, etc...if they sound interesting to you, try them first, before trying them for the first time when you have company...you never know, you might want to add more spices, etc...So, Happy Holidays from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen...

Crock Pot Ginger and Pumpkin Soup

Ingredients:

3 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable broth if vegetarian)
2 pounds fresh pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
1 cup chopped onion

1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
salt and pepper

Directions:

Mix all but the salt and pepper in the crock pot. Cover and Cook on HIGH 4-5 hours. Pour into a blender/food processor and blend until smooth. Salt and Pepper to taste. Spoon into individual bowls and swirl some sour cream in each (optional)

Happy Slow Cooking! Enjoy and Hugs...

Enjoy more Holiday Recipes from Hazel's Crock Pot Kitchen








6 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Oh, that sounds good! And so easy to do...Must try.

Adrienne said...

I was looking at pumpkin bisque in the store yesterday and thought it looked good. I'm going to have to try something like this.

Kimbra Kasch said...

Yummy - I may have to try that

sruble said...

Hmm, I'm not big on pumpkin either, but I've had squash soup at a restaurant that's amazing. This recipe looks good if you like pumpkin though. ;)

BTW, is this a new blog? Or the old blog with a new name?

Brenda said...

Hi Sruble...this is a new blog...I enjoy sharing the recipes with everyone, so I had to give Hazel her own blog...grin...

Rena Jones said...

Must try this too! Thanks so much for posting a recipe!