Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hot Apple Tea

I love when it starts to get a little cooler in the evenings. The leaves will be changing soon, which is my favorite time of the year. So I thought I would throw in this little Hot Apple Tea recipe, just in case your evenings are getting a little bit chilly...

Hot Apple Tea

1/2 gallon apple cider
1/2 gallon strong tea (I usually make my own, only I make it a little stronger than I would normally - but you can buy the tea in the gallon jugs if you want to make this even easier)
1 sliced lemon
1 sliced orange
3 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
1 Tablespoon whole cloves
1 Tablespoon allspice
Brown sugar (I start with 1/4 cup, stir, taste and add more if I want a sweeter taste)

Put all ingredients in crockpot and stir to mix. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours. I usually taste the tea after about 1 1/2 hours so I know if I need to add more brown sugar...

I dip the tea out and into mugs, but I make sure I pour it through a strainer to keep any 'extras' from ending up in my tea. If I'm having company over, I will pour all the tea through a strainer and into a tea pot...Any left over tea can be stored in the frig and heated in the microwave before serving.

Happy Slow Cooking! Enjoy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Yuuuum, that sounds perfect for fall!

Rena Jones said...

Sounds yummy!

Icy BC said...

This is a great recipe, which I must try, Lilfix! I love drinking hot tea when it's chilly outside also, and this sounds delicious!